Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Our Seattle Vacation

Well, our flight was leaving at 9:45 and we left our house close to 8, which was a little scary. It takes us about 40 min to get there and on top of things we were parking our truck at the "fast park". This was our first time to use that service and I highly recommend it. Then you should have seen us trying to take in 4 pieces of luggage w/two car seats and 3 carry on's, & oh and I need not to forget that Jackson was in a stroller. We finally got on the plane. What a sigh of relief. So looking at our itinerary we think our first flight is 2hr and approx 17mins. Pilate comes on "Thank you for flying NWA our approx. flight time is 1hr 17mins. My husband turns to me and says"what?" that means our next flight is like 31/2 hrs with a 19months old and a 5 1/2yr old who is constantly saying" are we almost there?" I swear if I hear that one more time. Finally after a 4hr &40 min second flight we arrive. SO GLAD. We gain 2hrs but our poor children are still living on our time zone. I think we got to be around 12:45 our time. Very tired people=grouchy people. Anyways, we had a wonderful time. The weather was PERFECT!! I was so worried going from 95* to 55*. What do you pack?! I would sure live there if I could. The boys got to meet there great-grandmother for the first time. It was sweet. Also, my husbands brother Kris lives there and the boys got to meet his mom for the first time and her dog Lulu. For the first time Jackson said Lulu and puppy on this trip; it was the cutiest thing ever. Maybe I will post that. The parks there were amazing and thats all Hayden wanted to do. We took a train ride up the mountain on Father's Day. We just had alot of fun and it was so good to see everyone. Kris is such a fabulous uncle to the boys. The biggest lesson learned was to take a direct flight next time. Now looking forward to Destin in Oct. Love that beach. Pictures coming.....

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Glad you made it there on time. Sorry that it was so hectic getting there, but it seems like you had a fabulous trip!